Program at a Glance
- 6 courses
- Eligible for VA Benefits
- Included on the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL), as approved by Yolo County
Practical Training for the Modern Workforce
UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education’s online Project Management Certificate Program is the convenient, affordable solution for receiving the education and skills you need to succeed as a project manager.
What You’ll Learn
All courses in the Project Management Certificate Program are approved by UC Davis Graduate School of Management. UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education has also been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
This rigorous, reality-based program is designed to give working professionals the practical knowledge, tools and techniques that can be applied in their jobs the very next day. You’ll learn how to:
- Effectively manage project lifecycles
- Identify, develop, communicate with and manage a high-performance team
- Utilize tools and techniques to understand and control project schedules and cost variances
- Manage procurement
- Institute quality management measures to enhance the end product and reduce costs
What You’ll Get
Our program offers:
- A convenient, online format
- Personal interaction with experienced instructors who are PMP® credential holders
- Unique networking opportunities with instructors and fellow students
- Practical knowledge and current best practices that can be applied immediately to your business or job
- Career placement assistance through our partner, TEKSystems
Save 15% on the cost of the Project Management Certificate by enrolling in the Fast Track option. Learn more.
*Project Management Institute, PMI, Project Management Professional, PMP, Certified Associate in Project Management, CAPM, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- $90,337 is the average salary for a project manager (Glassdoor)
- 22 million new project-oriented jobs will be created between 2017 and 2027
- Sectors where the newest, project-oriented job openings are projected to be created through 2027:
- Manufacturing and construction
- Information services and publishing
- Finance and insurance
- Management and professional services
- Oil and gas
(Source: PMI’s 2018 Project Management Job Growth and Talent Gap report)
This program requires completion of 17.5 required units of designated online course work with a grade of “C” or better.
Courses in this program count towards educational credit required to take the PMI PMP® Certification exam. If you’re already PMP certified, UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education courses offer the PDU credit you need to retain certification.
Course content is frequently revised to ensure that the program is up-to-date with the latest industry standards. For this reason, you must complete all of the course requirements of your certificate within five years from the day you enroll in the first course. A certificate will not be awarded if the requirements are not completed and your application for candidacy is not received within this timeframe.
For additional information about our enrollment policies, please click here.
Please note: Foundations of Successful Project Management is the recommended prerequisite for all other courses in this program.
- At Your Own Pace: Take individual courses for a total cost of $6,725 (or $1,100 per course).
- A one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $125 must also be paid in order to receive your certificate.
- Fast Track: Pay $5,610 in full at the time of enrollment and save over $1,115 on the cost of the program. The $125 registration fee is also waived. Please note that the Fast Track option is not available if paying with VA benefits. Learn more.
- Textbooks are not included in the cost of tuition.
For information about financing your education, please click here.
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Register. Fill out a brief certificate registration form and pay the registration fee. By doing so, you declare your intent to complete the program and lock in current program requirements. If you have questions about your course plan or next steps, please email us.
- Fast Track. Enroll in our Project Management Fast Track Certificate Program and we’ll waive your $125 registration fee and a program advisor will be made available to you to help you map out your academic path.
- Enroll in an individual course. Check out individual courses that are currently open for enrollment. Courses will be applied to the certificate program if you later decide to complete your certificate. All program coursework must be completed within a 5-year period.
- Sign up for an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one becomes available.
Questions? We’re here to help. If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8777.
Access free career resources. Our students have free access to tools for career planning, resume writing, interview practice and more.