Building a “Career Curriculum” at UC Davis
Every UC Davis school and college has an area of expertise. A body of knowledge where they are considered experts. Ours is adult learners — engaging working professionals and preparing them for the ever-changing needs, demands and opportunities of the modern workforce.
By partnering with colleagues across campus and private industry, we create a “Career Curriculum” that reflects the continual need to refresh and reinvent job skills over the steadily growing period between degree attainment and retirement.
Our courses complement the degrees conferred by campus. They are academically rigorous, immediately applicable in the workplace and structured to fit the needs of working professionals.
- Custom Corporate Education
Levels of Validation
- CEU Programs
- Noncredit Programs
- Alternative Credentials
Collaborating with UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education
For nearly 60 years we have helped our campus partners develop career-based programs that connect adult learners to UC Davis, drive the regional economy, and generate significant, unrestricted revenue.
As a collaborative partner, we provide you with:
- Expertise in Reaching and Teaching Adult Learners — We work with you to ensure your content and pedagogy connect with our core student base – working professionals.
- Adult learners are a very specialized audience. We know how they learn, understand their unique needs and will help you exceed their expectations.
- Development Experience — We can guide you through every aspect of the program development process, from concept through distribution.
- Our academic team has developed hundreds of programs. We know the pitfalls and how to avoid them. Our proven, strategic development approach will help you successfully bring your idea to market.
- Turn-Key Administrative Services — From marketing to enrollment management, we have complete, established operational services.
- Building infrastructure from scratch is expensive and inefficient. Let us handle the logistics so you can focus on your core strength — Creating world-class, research-driven academic programs.
- Comprehensive Online Capabilities — We have a full online production team, including instructional designers, editors and a dedicated audio/video studio.
- We can provide as much or as little support as you need, from full-scale online class development, distribution and support to simple thought partnership. Bring us your ideas.
Partner with Us!
UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education is built on partnership — collaborating with schools and colleges across campus to connect their research, knowledge and resources to working professionals and other “non-traditional” learners. You have the subject-area expertise. We have the experience and infrastructure to reach students you don’t currently serve. By working together, we have a unique, innovative opportunity to advance the larger campus mission.
If you have an idea, we’d love to discuss it. Contact one of our academic leaders, or Shelene Anglin can direct your inquiry to the appropriate person. Let’s see if we can build something together.