Program at a Glance
- Complete in as few as 2 months
- 4 online courses + in-person bootcamp
Gain Foundational Scientific Knowledge for a Career in Biomanufacturing
Cell therapy, gene therapy and gene editing comprise the next generation of life-enhancing and curative therapies. As new therapies gain approval, the demand for skilled professionals in biopharmaceutical manufacturing, such as cell and gene therapy production, will continue to rise. For those interested in joining this growing workforce, our Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Specialization is designed to provide fundamental knowledge and skills to advance your career or prepare for a new career in biomanufacturing—an industry with high income-earning potential and opportunities for upward mobility. Specifically designed to meet the demand for a skilled workforce in this area, our unique program combines a thorough background in scientific principles and practical applications. The program features four online courses plus an intensive in-person bootcamp in cell and gene therapy for hands-on skills training.
Who is This Program For?
- Current biotech employees involved in biomanufacturing
- Recent graduates in biology or a related field interested in gaining marketable skills to pursue careers in biotech
- Current biotech employees (including C-suite and industry executives) who are not in biomanufacturing but need a general understanding of this subject
- Policymakers or anyone looking for a broad understanding of cell and gene therapy and applications for health
What You’ll Learn
Designed for working professionals, the program curriculum emphasizes biomanufacturing skills and training, particularly in cell and gene therapy production, but has applications in a variety of biomanufacturing-related jobs, as well as related industries in biosciences, agriculture and health care. You’ll learn:
- What cell and gene therapies are and their application to health
- How cell and gene therapies are made and manufactured
- Cell biology and culture techniques relevant to the production of cell therapies in research and industry settings
- Gene therapy concepts, viral vectors, production methods and practical applications
- Stem cell biology concepts, stem cell and CAR-T cell therapies and their production methods and therapeutic applications
- GMP/cGMP and regulatory practices required for cell and gene therapy manufacturing
- Hands-on practice in the production of gene vectors and analytical techniques used to assess quality and meet regulatory standards
What You’ll Get
Our program offers:
- Expert instruction, including faculty from the UC Davis Stem Cell Program and Solano Community College Industrial Biomanufacturing Program, as well as presentations and lab supplies from industry professionals
- Convenient, asynchronous learning with weekly instructor engagement via online office hours
- Exposure to careers in biomanufacturing from industry professionals
- Unique networking opportunities with instructors and fellow students that can help advance your career
- Job growth for Cell and Gene Therapy in California from 2020-2021 was 18%. The average salary for this same period was $88,300. EMSI, 2021
- The Cell and Gene Therapy market is expected to grow 39% by 2027. Business Wire, 2022
The following is the sequence of courses to complete the program: Introduction to Cell and Gene Therapy, Cell Biology and Culture Techniques, Overview and Production of Gene Therapies, Stem Cell and Gene Therapies: GMP Manufacturing and Associated Regulations, and Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Bootcamp.
For additional information about our enrollment policies, please click here.
$6,000 if enrolled in full program (four online courses + bootcamp).
You may choose to enroll only in the four online courses for $2,000 or just the bootcamp for $4,000.
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Enroll. Check out our course page to find the enrollment option that fits your needs.
- Free Career Resources. Our students have free access to tools for career planning, resume writing, interview practice and more.
- Questions? We're here to help.
Contact our Enrollment Coach, Kristy Craig, if you would like to schedule an appointment. She can speak with you about our program, answer your questions and help ensure it’s the right fit for your goals. Schedule your 30-minute conversation with Kristy.
If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8777.